is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.
Notice is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Connecticut Court Records is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Connecticut Inmate Records?

Connecticut inmate records are official documents compiled by law enforcement agencies that contain details on individuals that have been detained for offenses committed in the state. The Connecticut Department of Corrections is responsible for maintaining inmate records in the state. Public access to these records is granted to interested members of the public under the Connecticut Freedom of Information Act. 

Inmate records generated in the state of Connecticut generally contain the following information:

  • The inmate’s CT DOC number
  • The inmate’s name
  • The inmate’s date of birth
  • The inmate’s last admission date
  • The inmate’s current location.
  • The inmate’s status.
  • The inmate’s controlling offense.
  • The date the inmate was sentenced and the maximum sentence imposed.
  • The inmate’s maximum release date
  • The inmate’s estimated released date and special parole end date (where applicable)

How To Find An Inmate In Connecticut?

The Connecticut Department of Corrections is responsible for housing all individuals detained for violating any state criminal laws. Parties interested in finding inmates incarcerated in Connecticut may do so by contacting the Connecticut Department of Corrections’ Public Information Office at:

24 Wolcott Hill Road
Wethersfield, CT 06109
Phone: (860) 692–7780

Members of the public may also find Connecticut inmate records through the Offender Information Search website provided by the state’s Department of Corrections. Through this website, searches for inmates may be performed by name, date of birth, and CT DOC inmate number.

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Connecticut?

Federal inmates incarcerated in Connecticut fall under the jurisdiction of the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP). The BOP currently operates one correctional institution in the state. Members of the public interested in finding a Connecticut federal inmate may do so by contacting this facility at:

FCI Danbury
Route 37
Danbury, CT 06811
Phone: (203) 743–6471

Alternatively, searches for federal inmates may be performed online through the Federal Bureau of Prisons’ inmate locator. Interested parties may find records in the database using a name-based or number-based search. Name-based searches can also be filtered by race, age, and sex. Note that the BOP’s database only contains records of inmates incarcerated from 1982 to date. 

How Do I Find Inmate Records In Connecticut?

Interested parties may find Connecticut inmate records online through the Offender Information Search platform provided by the state’s Department of Corrections. Requestors that wish to use this website will be required to provide either the first name, last name, date of birth, or CT DOC number of the inmate. Queries concerning the information obtained via this website should be directed to (860) 692–7780.

Copies of Connecticut inmate records may also be obtained by contacting the Connecticut Department of Corrections’ Public Information Office at:

24 Wolcott Hill Road
Wethersfield, CT 06109
Phone: (860) 692–7780

Depending on the type of record requested, requestors may be required to submit one or both of the following forms:

  • Authorization for Release of Non-Health Information form
  • Authorization to Obtain or Disclose Protected Health Information form

It should be noted that both forms require the signature of the inmate named on the requested record. In addition to this, the Department of Corrections may charge a fee to make these records accessible. Queries on this should be directed to (860) 692–7780 or email.

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple records. To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary.

How To Put Money On Jail Inmates Book In Connecticut?

The Inmate Trust Fund Office of the Connecticut Department of Corrections is responsible for handling all details related to inmate accounts in any of the state’s correctional facilities. This office provides interested parties with several means to fund an inmate’s commissary account:

  • Deposits via U.S mail—Parties that wish to fund an inmate’s account via mail will be required to complete an Inmate Trust Fund Remitter Form. The completed form, along with the funds, should be mailed to:
    Inmate Trust Fund
    P. O. Box 290800
    Wethersfield, CT 06129–0800

Payments may be made using any of the following methods:

  • Money orders payable to the inmate
  • Certified/cashier’s checks payable to the inmate
  • Attorney checks - a cover letter should be included
  • Employer checks - should be sent along with a pay stub
  • Refund checks from vendors
  • Social security and social services checks
  • Unemployment checks
  • Tax refunds
  • Veterans’ administration checks

It is important to note that the addition of documents like cards, pictures, and personal notes when sending payment via mail is strictly prohibited. Such prohibited items will not be delivered to the inmate.

  • Deposits via JPay – Inmates’ accounts may be funded online via the JPay platform. Payments may either be made online or in-person at any MoneyGram location. Online payments require the creation of a user account using the inmate’s CT DOC number. Parties that wish to make cash deposits will be required to complete a blue ExpressPayment service form. When filling this form, depositors should use the inmate’s CT DOC number and last name (with no spaces in-between) as the account number. Also, use “1222” as the receiving code.

It should be noted that a service fee is charged for deposits made via JPay. This fee is usually calculated according to the amount of money being transferred. Queries related to this service should be directed to (800) 574–5729.

  • Deposits via TouchPay – This payment method allows interested parties to make deposits into an inmate’s accounts in person or online. In-person deposits may be completed at kiosks available in any of the following Connecticut Department of Corrections facilities:     

Cheshire Correctional Institution
900 Highland Avenue
Cheshire, CT 06410
Phone: (203) 651–6100

Hartford Correctional Center
177 Weston Street
Hartford, CT 06120
Phone: (959) 200–3000

York Correctional Institution
201 West Main Street
Niantic, CT 06357
Phone: (860) 451–3001

Interested parties will be required to create a JPay account to deposit funds online. Creating an account requires providing information on the depositor. This includes a full name, phone number, date of birth, email address, contact address (including city, state, and zip code), and the last four digits of their social security number.

Queries related to this method of funding an inmate’s account should be directed to (866) 204–1603.

  • Deposits via WesternUnion – Payments via this method are completed via credit/debit cards, or with a cash deposit at any available WesternUnion location.

Online payments require a user account, and depositors will also be required to provide the inmate’s name and CT DOC number. Depositors that choose to make cash payments into an inmate’s account should fill a Blue WesternUnion Quick Collect form using the following information:

  • Pay to: Connecticut DOC
  • Code City: CTDOC
  • State: CT
  • Inmate’s account number: The inmate’s CT DOC number plus the inmate’s last name, with no spaces in-between.

A service fee is charged when depositing funds into an inmate’s account through this method. Queries should be directed to 800–325–6000.

  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!